Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Stop Bullying

Bullying is a serious problem faced by many teenagers all around the world.
And most of us are aware of it. Bullying makes a person feel like he or she is nothing. They become depressed, they feel lonely and worthless. It can happen anywhere... at school, home, online... anywhere.
People get bullied... but there is no specific reason for it. It is really sad how the bullies treat others. And worse, what the victims feel. They become very depressed that, they might do unexpected, reckless, stupid things.
Here is a video that I saw recently. And I really want to share this. Because, it made me want to take a step forward to stop bullying. And after watching this, you will feel the same.




Continue to read only after you watch the video, please.
So you now know what I mean by the reckless, stupid things. Maybe, at that moment, he (victim in the video) did not feel what he was going to do was stupid.
People bully others by physically harming them (hitting, kicking...), by abusing them (loser, nerd, ugly..), spreading rumours about them which can very much harm their reputation. It's like, spoiling their life in short.
The world has never been a peaceful place. If there can be a change, it's in hand the hands of us, the youth. I am just trying to spread awareness through my blog. If I can do more, I will.
Bullies should be aware of what the victims feel. But you never know... maybe the bully, himself is being bullied outside the school. And he is letting his anger and vengeance out on someone else at school. So we can't completely blame him, either.
Schools can arrange awareness programmes, if anything of this matter happens. Comment below, if you have any suggestions. My friend, Azzah, has written something in her blog about bullying. Please see it.

I have been made fun of. I have heard people talking about me behind my back. I have been called a nerd in a rude way. So I know how it feels.

If you are a bully, I hope you got my message. If you are being bullied, get help before things get worse. If you are not both, spread awareness, try to stop others from bullying.

Everyone wishes for peace. But wishing alone doesn't help. We need to work towards it. Think positive, talk positive and walk the talk.












1 comment: