Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Being real is beauty

One day, we were driving through Corniche, Qatar.
Papa was driving. Cheriyachan (Papa's younger brother) was sitting in the passenger seat.
Achamma (Paternal Grandmother), Amma, my sister Anu and I were sitting in the back seat. If there is a place in Qatar which reminds me of Dubai, its Corniche and West Bay.

City lights, tall buildings, cars were all around me. Except for the annoying traffic, it was not bad at all.
I did quite enjoy it. Lost in my own thoughts, I stared out the window. That's when Cheriyachan commented, "Wow", looking at something outside the window. And of course, as a reflex, our heads turned to the right side.. And believe me, I was awestruck.
It reminded of something my teacher said in Malayalam class : When the background is dull, the picture seems brighter. The moon shone bright in the dark night sky. The moonlight reflected on the water and that was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Seeing the reflection dance on the water ripples was indeed a feast to our eyes.

What fascinated me was the fact that, even though there were a lot of tall buildings, cars, lights and everything man-made, what caught our attention was a 'natural' thing. Once we saw the moon and its reflection, we forgot about the other so-called-man-made-beautiful-things (Or should I say the fake things?). Everyone does appreciate the beauty of nature. And yet, people are doing everything possible to exploit the nature. Wow.. The irony!

The world is filled with 'fake' things. So, when we see something pure and natural, we are just drawn towards it. We can't help it. Because, we are always attracted to those things that are rare.
Its more like the case of people these days. If there are 7 billion people, there are 14 billion faces.
What people act like in front of us are not who they really are. Some just pretends to be our friends. They are just fake. Outside and inside. So, when we see someone who is actually pure at heart, we feel a special kind of attachment towards them and the need to know them more.

Every small thing about the nature is so beautiful that we can never get enough of it. Each time I see the moon or a even a butterfly I get mesmerized by it all over again! Similarly, the people who are not fake and not two-faced are the most beautiful people born. They are true to themselves and to us. They never change so that everyone will love them. They just be themselves so that the right persons will love them.

I guess that's something we all should learn from nature. We should just be natural and true to ourselves. Never be fake because that ain't attractive. Be real. Be different. Be you.
Smile 'cause that the best make up anyone could wear. Its natural. Its beautiful.



Love,
Malavika.



4 comments:

  1. Your Words Are Truely Inspiring Honey ! :) I Love The Way You Mingle With Our Imaginations .. :) Masha Allah ! Yuh Have Got Talent :* .. Keep Going . We Will Always Be A Support :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. You have a blog. *_* Great work!

    ReplyDelete