Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I gotta feeling

The topic of this post may give a wrong conception that this post is about Black Eyed Peas. But it's not.

Last to last week, my Father's brother (I call him Cheriyachan) and family from Singapore, came here, to Dubai for a visit. They left last week. And it feels really uncomfortable now.
It's a nice feeling when all of us are here together. My cheriyachan has two kids : Sidharth (Sidhu) and Neharika (Neha). This is post is about something that I never felt before. It is actually, a very great feeling and I would like to share it with all of you...

I feel it is natural to fight with your siblings. But, being with siblings is a very different feeling. I realized that some weeks ago. I still remember the date, November 10th. It was a Saturday and I sleep till the sun's rays attack me eyes. It was really comfortable on my bed under the blanket, when the A/C is switched on and it is a holiday. I woke up but did not get out of the bed. That when I realized, someone kissed my cheeks. I smiled with me eyes closed and looked at who it was. It was my little cousin sister, Neha. That day, everything went good. It was so sweet of her to kiss me and make my day! A kiss from a cute girl in the beginning of a day... Who wouldn't love that..?! I felt like a sister loved by her... It was a good feeling.
And during another night, we were travelling through the city, returning home after a tiring day. Sidhu was sleeping and he was sleeping, leaning his head on my shoulder. I could feel a source of joy in my heart. I felt like a responsible elder sister. I don't know. I never felt this way before. Never before.

And they day the left, we went to leave them in the airport. After we reached the airport, and when it was time for them to leave, my dad and cheriyachan hugged each other so tightly. I nearly brought me and Shruthy (in between, she also joined us in DXB) to tears! It was such a wonderful sight!!

Then I started wondering why I always fight with my sister... I could stop fighting... I am finally understanding why Papa always tells that I should me more nice to my sister and be a role model to her.
Think about it... and hopefully you will also feel the same.



3 comments:

  1. Dear Malu, or shall I call you the responsible elder sister...
    This piece of your wonderful writing brought me to tears..
    I too got a feeling when i read your blog. That you are growing up and your thoughts and your emotions are shaping up. I never realised that so much is happening inside your little head.

    I should say that your way of portraying yourself through this media is just awesome!! I could see that writing come to you naturally and perhaps this is something you have inherited from your beloved Papa.. So let the creative juice flow and keep penning down your thoughts..

    It is nice to know how you felt with Sidhu and Neha around. Though our work or destiny is keeping us apart physically , we will strive to find ways to be together for at least a few days every year..

    We are all proud of you !!!

    Cheriyachan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it Maavika......
    Love the way u write.......
    Ooopss........
    The way you blog........
    so keep blogging.....
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. malavika... i relli dunno wht 2 comment on dis post of urz.. itz relli different frm oderz.. de way u explaind ur emotions... made me also think bout my broz.. nd y i fyt wid dem alwayz.. wht u said is relli tru... nd i totally agree. wid ur uncle 2.. i relli luvv ur way of ritin ... totally casual.. yet overwhelming... lastly, i hv a wish.. which i wish u will fulfill.... u hv got de talent..so.. keep ritin.. <3 ya gt well soon

    ReplyDelete